Friday, April 26, 2013

A Night Like This by Julia Quinn


««««

The Smythe-Smith Quartet #2

          What a fun book! The Smythe-Smith stories remind me a lot of Julie Garwood's early books: fast-paced, a little zany, with very memorable characters.


          I grabbed this book on the way to work, not really paying attention to what it was. Early in the first chapter, I found myself at the ever-awful Smythe-Smith musicale and immediately recognized the territory.

          This book follows Daniel Smythe-Smith and the love that blooms between him and his niece's governess, Anne Wynter. Daniel is an Earl. Anne is a ruined woman, thrown out by her family and not even using her own name. Their escapades as Daniel attempts to entice Anne into his life and Anne attempts to steer him away from her are antic and quite entertaining.

           The Smythe-Smith clan continues to be tale-worthy in this second installment. I can’t wait to read the third book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from fellow readers! Please let me know what you thought of this book and my comments on it. Thanks!