Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Stolen Prey by John Sandford


««««

Lucas Davenport #22

          I've read quite a few of Sandford's Prey novels over the years. I like Lucas Davenport. I enjoy visiting with him for time to time.

          I enjoyed this story. I got a real kick out of the secondary story line that Virgil Flowers, another favorite character of mine, assists on.

          In this adventure, Davenport is faced with a Mexican drug cartel hit squad running loose in Minneapolis torturing and killing local residents. The initial question is what these apparently upstanding citizens have to do with drug cartels. Davenport's investigation quickly expands to include DEA agents as well as Mexican Federales. They eventually determine that the cartel has been using a Minnesota bank to move funds through and someone has figured out how to skim from their account.

          Davenport and company finally manage to track down the hackers and the hit squad but not before they show up on his own front porch.

          Thriller is an apt word to described this book. It was interesting and fast paced. I'm already looking forward to the next installment of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from fellow readers! Please let me know what you thought of this book and my comments on it. Thanks!