Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Devil Colony by James Rollins

I’m listening to the audiobook version of this novel, and am about two thirds of the way through. It’s an historical treasure hunt novel of the same genre as National Treasure. The Devil Colony, like National Treasure, is primarily American in scene and character. It contains references to Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Lewis and Clark, and John Smith, writer of the Book of Mormon. Most of the main characters are of American Indian origin and most of the action to this point has taken place on American soil. Although there have been a couple of trips to Asia and Scandinavia just to spice things up.

Some of the violence has been excessive in my opinion, but there is no doubt who the good guys and the bad guys are. You gotta love moral clarity.

I’m thoroughly enjoying the story thus far. The characters are vivid enough that the huge cast is easy to keep straight. The steps in the hunt follow each other logically. I can’t wait to find out how it ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from fellow readers! Please let me know what you thought of this book and my comments on it. Thanks!