Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Feast Day of Fools by James Lee Burke


          This book was like slogging through knee deep peanut butter. I kept waiting for a coherent plot to develop, but it never did. While the characters were multi-faceted, they were almost all sad examples of humanity: killers, psychos, religious fanatics, addicts, pedophiles. On the bright side, they were almost all dead or dying by the end of the story.

          Needless to say, I didn’t like this book, and I don’t recommend it. I wonder how on earth it made the best seller list.  Perhaps its message is too deep for me to comprehend, or I’m too lazy to dig it out. But, I read fiction for entertainment, and Feast Day of Fools failed to amuse me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from fellow readers! Please let me know what you thought of this book and my comments on it. Thanks!