Friday, March 9, 2012

1105 Yakima Street by Debbie Macomber

          This is the 11th installment of the Cedar Cove series by Debbie Macomber.  She continues the tales of the lives and loves of the denizens of Cedar Cove.  And while she deals with the concepts of divorce, out-of-wedlock pregnancy, encroaching dementia and family rifts, the stories remain sweet and end in her predictably happily-ever-after style. 

          My favorite story line, by far, was that of Beau.  He is a newborn puppy whose mother died while birthing her litter. He needs constant care, and feeding every two hours at first. The tale of him finding his forever home brought tears to my eyes.  I’m a real sucker for a rescued animal.

          I don’t know if it is the story lines themselves, or the voice of the woman who reads them, that makes the Cedar Cove stories seem simple and a little juvenile. There is nothing wrong with them at all, they just don’t engage me the way the concepts seem like they should.

          1105 Yakima Street is yet another episode in this serial soap opera by Debbie Macomber.  If you enjoyed any or all of the first ten, you’ll be pleased with this one, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from fellow readers! Please let me know what you thought of this book and my comments on it. Thanks!