Friday, May 25, 2012

The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice

               Wow! I really liked this one.

               Ann Rice has managed to turn a werewolf into a sort of superhero. Her Morphenkinder can scent evil and are driven to annihilate it. But they are intrinsically unable to harm the innocent. They have control over when and where the “change” happens. (The phase of the moon is irrelevant.) And they retain their human intellect while in animal form.

               There is a good bit of philosophy intertwined with the action and suspense.  And they are balance nicely.  I highly recommend this book, and won’t mind in the least if Rice chooses to revisit these characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from fellow readers! Please let me know what you thought of this book and my comments on it. Thanks!